It’s no surprise that Gigi Hadid is one of the most in-demand catwalk stars on the planet, with a 71.6 million Instagram following and a runway résumé that includes some of the world’s most historic luxury fashion labels (including Prada, Fendi, and Chanel).
Gigi’s career highlights have been numerous and varied since her runway debut at New York Fashion Week in 2014, including tackling gatecrashing YouTuber Marie Benoliel at Chanel SS20, oozing modern-day Hollywood at Tom Ford’s glittering Los Angeles show, and being named International Model of the Year by the British Fashion Council.
1. Gigi wore a tight, checkered coat with her hair loosely framing her face for her first runway appearance for Spanish designer Desigual when she was 18 years old.
2. Gigi walked the AstroTurf during Tommy Hilfiger’s 30th-anniversary sports-themed AW15 show in 2015, wearing a raincoat adorned with an American football and black lace-up boots, before designing a collection for the brand.
3. Gigi looked stunning in beige for the AW15 Max Mara show, which was inspired by Marilyn Monroe’s 1960s style. Her nude coat was draped over her shoulders, and she was dressed in nude tights, a slip dress, and tasseled loafers.
4. Gigi Hadid walked the Moschino AW15 runway in an opulent graffiti fishtail gown that we’d wear to any and all grandiose gatherings.
5. The Balmain Army member’s runway costume in 2015 had rich brown tones, which went wonderfully with the muted palette she favors when she’s not on duty.
6. Gigi walked down the catwalk in an intricately woven wood-chipped champagne dress at designer Karl Lagerfeld’s blossoming SS16 Haute Couture setting at the Grand Palais, which was brimming with lush flora.
7. Gigi Hadid was brought in by Rihanna for the 2016 Fenty x Puma show at New York Fashion Week. The modest exhibition was a scaled-back monochromatic affair, with none other than Naomi Campbell in the front row. What do you think about Gigi’s appearance? A hoodie-cum-dress with a long sleeve.
8. Versace’s high-octane glamour is the eighth category. Gigi wore an enhanced take on the tuxedo from the house’s Atelier AW16 collection, which featured plunging necklines and graphic cutouts. She would accept her prize for Model of the Year at the British Fashion Awards in December of that year, wearing a Versace metallic silver bodice and trouser suit.
9. How did Gigi get into character for her Moschino runway appearance? One pixie crop wig, a pair of fishnet stockings, and a show-stopping feathery dress are all you’ll need. She’ll star with model pals Irina Shayk and Joan Smalls in the brand’s AW19 campaign, which is inspired by the classic 1980s American drama serial Dynasty.
10. Put this one in the category of bridal runway inspiration. At the Moschino SS19 show, Gigi’s matrimonial outfit is the stuff of dreams.
11. Gigi accessorized Brandon Maxwell’s figure-hugging gown with a beautiful, post-facial glow at his SS19 show.
12. At Riccardo Tisci’s AW19 Burberry presentation, Gigi presented one of her edgiest catwalk ensembles yet, fusing British culture with the current political atmosphere.